Monday, September 24, 2012

Week 27


Today marks week 27... the end of my second trimester and the beginning of the third.  As I write, I have headphones straddled around my belly tuned in to Pandora classical music.  Baby boy Keeter seems to really like this, as in the last week the most recent development is full belly movements.  Matt and I both get to laughing when, what we can only imagine, is this little guy doing sommersaults to some stringed melody.

Also a recent addition, I think the baby stretches and all the sudden I feel him pushing in a certain spot.  I find this to be sometimes the most uncomfortable feeling... like being poked from the inside, and he seems to find real tender spots to do that. (As I'm typing he's doing this to my right side at the headphone... ouch!)

He hasn't officially found my ribs yet as his new toy, but I think sometimes his head comes right up to the base of my ribs and that's not exactly comfortable either.  I find in several of these circumstances I am playing defense, trying to ward of the next sneak attack by rubbing my sides or pushing down on an area he's pushing out on.

Last Thursday, I was having more Braxton Hicks than usual, and the doctor wanted me to come into the office right away.  As it turns out, I was a bit dehydrated, but I've been more aware of these contractions.  Today, I felt like my abs were really tight, and I began rubbing my lower abs.  Then my belly poked me back.  I stopped and just laughed... I think it was the baby saying- that's no contraction, that's my back- I'm a low rider and leave me alone.  He's a funny baby.

We're 3 months and 1 day away from d-day. I'm feeling a little claustrophobic in my own body, and have a hard time believing there are still 3 months to this journey. I haven't slept through an entire night in at least 3 months, but every night I haven't given up hope that maybe tonight's the night.

We're closer to narrowing in on a name, but I'm having commitment fears.  We've narrowed first name options down to 7, but no idea when that list will be truncated even further.  We still have 3 months, but I am looking forward to calling him something other than baby, Ghoukas or Poogie.  Praying God will give me peace about what to brand this child with for ALLL HIS LIFE... no pressure.

Well that's it for now- I'm crashing.. and who knows maybe tonight's the night I'll sleep all the way through...

No comments: