Friday, June 29, 2012

Saltines... the snack of champions

Two steps forward and one step back...

I took last week's meat eating success as a green light, and tried to quickly return to my former pace of life.  Not so quickly!  This week has certainly been better for Morning, Afternoon and Evening sickness... its more now like immediate sporadic sickness, and the gag reflex is a little less quick on the draw, but doesn't let me forget it's still there.  Thankfully Lucky Charms get me through the morning, oranges, saltines and water get me through the work day, and my sweet husband has dinner for me at night.

The big change this week is how my body must be shifting, cause I just hurt.   I've been walking for two days with a limp because my hip got torqued funny when I was sleeping.  The two days of limping plus sitting in my desk added up to a pretty painful backache.  It hurt so bad I almost got sick as I drove home from work yesterday.  At 9:30 at night I just had to talk with my best friend Ashley to see if she could use her amazing massage skills to see if this was a muscular issue or a kidney.  She is the BEST, and saw me late that night, and it did turn out that my whole left side and some parts of my right side of my back was just in complete knots.  I'm so lucky to have such a sweet husband that would drive me over, and such a sweet friend who would do what she could to help.  It did help immesurably, and I hope to go back to see her soon for a full on massage so I can feel good in what is "supposed to be" the "good trimester".

PS- if anyone needs an amazing massage, Ashley has her own studio!

No comments: