Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Top 10 FAQ

Its been a long time since our last "Family Post", but that's because much of the blog would read... Matt's almost done with school, Mandy's busy with work and school... and not much else.  But Wham Bam and thank you mam, 8 weeks and one day ago we got something to write about.  The Keeter Klan is about to Expand.

Yesterday marked 12 weeks along, and word is officially out.  We're having a baby!
In preparation of some of time's most honored pregnancy questions, I'll go ahead and try to answer what some of you may be thinking:

1. When are we Due?

December 25, 2012. Merry Christmas!

2. The "It's about Time" Statement
 Some were beginning to think we were holding out, having been married 5 and a half years.  Others question whether our little gift was a surprise.  I will say that we had been preparing for a baby for about a month, but due to my previous "complications", we really thought it would take some time.  So I rationalized in my head, that if it would take long, let's start trying while I'm in school so I'm not consumed by it.  Needless to say, first times the charm, and now what consumes me is homework and nausea.

3.  Have you been Experiencing any Sickness?
YES.  It all started around week 6 and 4 days.  It really hasn't stopped since then.  There's been a good day here and there, but wouldn't you know we're closing out on the first trimester, and so far week 12 has been the worst.  Already I've gotten sick every day this week, twice today at the office.  I'm comforted by friends on Facebook and sweet co-workers, but there is little relief.  I put in a call today at the doctors office to see about finally taking something.

4.  Any Food Cravings?
I've gotten very picky about what I'm eating... its been since May 25th since I've really eaten any meat.  I think the baby's a vegetarian.  Usually, when its the roughest, I can still manage to eat a Taco Bell Tostada or Bean Burrito with no onions.  When I'm feeling better, I like strawberry banana smoothies and get this... ketchup!  Not together, I mean, but I often find myself wanting to order fries or fried okra just for a taste of the Heinz.

5. Boy or Girl?
We'll really be so happy either way.  From what I know from some reading I did, I get the sense that it might be a boy.  I'd love to have a girl, cause I really enjoy the relationship I have with my mom, but a boy might get me out of playing catch with Matt as a better substitute.

We will find out the sex of the Baby.  Originally it was going to be August 8th, but with my graduation the week before, and all our family in, I called this morning to see if we could push the appointment back to the Friday before.  With a little sweet talk, that's just what I did and we'll be "surprised" on August 3rd.

6. Names?
I always feel a bit shocked when people ask about whether we've thought about names.  I'm still getting used to the fact my new name is Momma, much less what to call someone else.  Luckily I'll find out the baby's sex the day before I graduate, so my hopes really are to focus on and complete school, and then turn my full attention to the growing development at hand.


7. Am I Showing Yet?
I feel like I've been showing since week 7 or so.  I'm currently in what used to be my "big" pants, and they may work for one more week or so.  Some have questioned if there's just one in there.  With all this sickness I sometimes do too, but so far, heart beat and sonogram show one taking up residence.

Also, now is a great time to shout out to Abby, Phyllis, Katie, Julie and Becca for filling my closet up maternity style.  I was really hurting for something to wear, but Abby helped me come and box my things up, and now it looks like a whole new wardrobe.  Thanks for the loaners!

8. Any Other Side Effects?
I do get tired often.  I try to take lunches at my Grandmas, so I can take a quick nap during my lunch hour.  I've also got a half hour break at 3 that I sometimes try to sneak in a cat nap.
I definitely have "pregnancy brain".  I think sometimes Matt's surprised at the lack of thought process that now occurs. 

I even caught myself a day ago thinking about going ahead and having a gender reveal and graduation party the same day as my graduation.  I had an entire conversation about it with a friend.  It wasn't until the next day that I realized that my appointment, at that time, to find out the sex of the baby was the following week.  Sheesh.

9.  Well pregnancy brain strikes again, and I can't think of two other questions to answer.  If you post something below, we'll count that and I'll answer those.

10.

2 comments:

Nick said...

Okay, question 9 - do you have a nursery underway? and question 10 - how long before I can buy your child a blue sparkle drum set?

Amanda said...

Hey Uncle Nick! Thanks for posting two more questions! As for the nursery... My parents had saved my baby bed, but it was the drop side kind, and witht he government making those illegal to sell, Matt and I have been a little nervous about using it. Aunt Ramona found a great deal at a garage sale this weekend, and it looks like we now have a bed that can convert to a toddler bed and a changing table. As for other plans for the nursery, I think I'm going to wait until after we find out the sex of the Baby on Aug. 3

Sparkle drum sets are allowed in middle school. Matt played drums in the band briefly, and I'm ok with my child following suit, but through toddler hood and childhood, I think my pots and pans will suffice ;)