Monday, June 25, 2012

Surprise!

This weekend I took Friday off and surprised Matt with a fun day.  Without him knowing, I packed an overnight bag and loaded the car.  We grabbed Dusty, and Matt thought the three of us were going to go do something.  Before we got too far down the road we dropped Dusty off at Grandma's and headed down into Austin.

Unknown to Matt, I was working in tandem with our great friend Mallory from college, and she was surprising her husband with a birthday celebration in San Antonio, and we were meeting them there.  Unfortuntately, they were running late, so I needed a stall tactic.

Matt and I stopped for the food trucks on South Congress.

I had a mighty cone
(baby wasn't a big fan)

and Matt got a shrimp po-boy.  It was so hot outside, so we quickly got back in the car and on the road.

Apparently when you're expecting you're supposed to stop every hour of a trip and walk around for about 10 minutes, so we stopped at Buc-ees just south of New Braunsfels. 
Now that's a gas station!

We got down to San Antonio around 3:15, and I tried to take a short nap.  We then devised a plan to meet up at the pool at 4:15.  Matt and Adam were so surprised!

After swimming, we cleaned up and went to the Riverwalk. On the way there I got some insight as to what's to come...

1,2,3... JUMP!
Adam, Little Kaden, and Matt

We walked the entire Riverwalk

and then watched the Razorbacks in the College World Series from our hotel room.  In trying to walk to bed, I hobbled like a grandma... my hips are doing something all their own.

The next day we started with breakfast, a walk through the Alamo, and then we went to Sea World! 
We had so much fun watching Shamu, and getting to play with Adam and Mal's two kids. 

We left at 9:30 and made it home by 11:30.  It was a great trip!

No comments: